Panasonic DMR-EX97EB-K DVD Recorder : Marvellous Product
Exceptional machine, but pity there is no vhs deck or high velocity copy from hdd.
Does what it states on the box.
Panasonic DMR-EX97EB-K DVD Recorder (MULTIREGION PLAYBACK) with Freeview HDD and 500 GB HDD Inc. Maxell P-11
- Enter your model number
to make sure this fits.
- Panasonic Twin DVB-T2 With the flexibility to record Freeview HD TV onto DVD or its HDD hard drive, the Panasonic DMREX97 is a versatile recorder. This Unit is also capable of playing back your Multiregion DVD discs from around the world.
- A flexible DVD recorder that not only plays back a huge variety of DVD discs from any region and many formats but also records on all the DVD formats. The recorder is compatible with both single and dual layer (DL) DVD-R and DVD+R formats. It will also record on the re-recordable DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs or even using the rare DVD-RAM system.
- HDD Recording; Backing up the universal disc recording ability is the built-in 500GB hard drive. Using the extended recording EP mode, this allows for up to 860 hours of recording – enough to cover months away from home! Even using the highest quality HG mode, the Panasonic manages an impressive 78 hours of recording.
- Twin tuners give the Panasonic DMR-EX97 fantastic versatility. With both tuners compatible with Freeview HD, you can record two HD programmes simultaneously. This means there’s no need to worry about two programmes overlapping. Alternatively, you can watch one programme whilst recording another – even if you’re watching on a monitor or projector without its own built-in TV tuner
- This unit can has ability for External HDD Playback in MKV, MP4, Xvid, AVCHD, MP3, JPEG. It has quick operation of about 1Sec loading, This pack includes Maxell P11 Auto Power Adapter for charging your ipod (30pin) up to 5 Gen Video OR HDMI LEAD SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
I have not used all of its options however, but this seems to be a pretty proficient pvr box for freeview hd, and also has the capability to copy recordings built on the hard disk to dvd. It can also play dvds from a number of areas (i have attempted this and it does work).
Quickly delivery, great cost, does what it says on the box, thanks.
Took a when to get to grips with dvd, instructions not extremely very clear, would like directions were not so person unfriendly, superior aged english would help.
Panasonic DMR-EX97EB-K DVD Recorder (MULTIREGION PLAYBACK) with Freeview HDD and 500 GB HDD Inc. Maxell P-11 : This appears to be the last actual dvd recorder available, although it is a good product it does have some drawbacks. The most serious is the lack of scart and phono sockets. The other problem is that is does not record directly to a disc, you have to record on the hard drive then transfer to disc. This means if you want to edit or copy the contents you can’t. Even with another recorder there is no output to tie up the two recorders. There is only one connection and that is a hdmi cable, whether or not you can obtain a hdmi to phono i don’t know, and would it work?. It seems a pity as this is probably going to be the last disc recorder, panasonic did not go all out to produce a comprehensive machine with everything available. Also it does not play blue ray discs which might be a problem for some. It does however have an advantage over other dvd players in the fact that it is all regions. So, yes it is a good machine but could have been so much better for a little extra cost.
Regardless of following the guidelines we have nevertheless been not able to report onto dvds with this dvd recorder. If not it is fine as a difficult travel recorder.
It has a built in tv set manual so you just click on on your chosen programme. You can document a solitary programme or a series. If you are going away on holiday you can set it to report a person of your favorite collection. You can also set it to history in fifteen min sets so if a clearly show is just starting and lasts for 30 mins ~ just push history 2 times and it will record for thirty minutes. Everything comes up on monitor.
I am really pleased with the merchandise. It is simple to function and has all the characteristics i wanted.
I am delighted with this, it is effortless to use. The instruction ebook could be far better but i managed to get the job done out how to record and transfer to disc with out any problems.
Genuinely very good device, i’m still learning the manage unit, it can history two channels although you enjoy a third channel.
Buy was missing merchandise include on maxell p11 but failed to know how to assert for lacking merchandise. If not transaction went extremely well. Best marks for fast shipping and delivery.
Labored particularly as predicted only niggle is kid lock code enter.
Quick to set up, even for a technophobe like me. The relaxation of the set-up (channel tuning) it does itself, instantly, in a issue of minutes. I acquired it simply because my former panasonic residence theatre method lasted for thirteen a long time of day by day use ahead of the challenging disk recorder unsuccessful (the relaxation, which includes the speakers, have been nevertheless performing fine). It can be good to have capacity to copy dvds (even however i haven’t applied that individual function however). The freeview facility has given me the fantastic justification to get rid of my sky + box and individuals pricey monthly payments. If anything, the hd photograph top quality on my sony television is improved than i got from sky.
This box appears to do all the things i experienced anticipated it would. Have only experienced it a couple of times however, so even now acquiring to grips with it. The handbook is a bit complicated, but my preceding box was a panasonic as well, so a ton of the controls and capabilities are recognizable. It is multi location, will perform and copy all the discs i have tried using (own recordings that is, not business duplicate secured kinds,) together with mini dvd-r from a camcorder.
Been setting up to get this for months. A very little put off by the feedback concerning issues in operation. Avoided reading the brochure as quite related to my prior machine which i nonetheless have. Almost everything seems to perform ok and the multi location function is effective a address.
Just what i was looking for: a panasonic twin-tuner recorder which will perform dvds from all areas – not just area 2. Note that the box however suggests location two (printed) simply because it is the identical device available somewhere else, but it has been set to ‘multi-region’, and will have an further label hooked up to the top. Required hdmi cable was involved. Smaller sized (neater) device than my previous a person. Recording set up from the television guide stays straightforward (which includes series file), and chapter placing will allow the elimination of adverts from recordings. Enhancing of title names takes advantage of a different crucial program to previously, and will get some having applied to. Controls perform immediately with the panasonic tv i have it attached to.